Tuesday, September 18, 2007

My Eternal Strive!

It was in the month of April 2006. Chrysallis was bringing together adults with and without challenges on a common interaction platform. This initiative was rightly called "A Special Partnership". There were four writers in the group and i was one of the amateur ones...
the following piece was written with this thought in mind and Diana Tholoor, Founder, Chrysallis Performance Arts Centre for the Challenged came up with a beautiful movement piece on it. I have to admit, she infused life into the words i had written...Thank You Diana!


My Eternal Strive

I am caught in the web of comparisons,
Entangled amidst unreasonable expectations.

“You can never be as good as her”
“You don’t have it in you to be a star”
I want to break free from these shackles of bondage,
I want to cope on my own, be it whatever time or age.
Why don’t you tell me how special I am?
Why don’t you accept me with my differences?
Why don’t you let me be me minus the interferences?
Why do my thoughts receive your indifference and not patience?

Yes! I am caught in the web of comparisons,
Entangled amidst unreasonable expectations.

Would never want to garner your sympathy mere,
It is only empathy that I expect here.
Life, I think is like an artist’s palette,
With innumerable opportunities to make your strokes;
Strokes of self confidence
Strokes of success
Strokes of happiness.

I was caught in the web of comparisons,
I was entangled amidst unreasonable expectations.

But now freedom has coloured my life
The strokes have given it a meaningful vibe;
And I have moved on to carve my niche
And this is my eternal strive.

No comments:

Rima, you are deeply loved

                                                  Rima at Infinitea, Bengaluru Dearest Rima, I wish I wasn’t writing this letter to you. B...