Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Not so mundane...

Uneventful days are passe i think;
Eventful ones make sure we don't blink.
Mundane mondays are a thing of the past,
Mine was so non-mundane that memories will last.
This is a tale in two acts...
The curtain will rise to reveal the facts!

A sunny afternoon with clear skies...
I sat in the auto bracing myself for the 1.5 hour ride.
Had a presentation in a corporate
WLB study was the sole motive.
Presentation paper in hand...
Figures of results stand...
A gust of wind changes direction...
Through the traffic moves the auto beating congestion.
I was in a daze or just lost..
A big thud sound and me in the air...
Inside the auto only...lemme be fair:)
My close to expiry date spectacles were now on the ground..
Without much ado,them i found...
My 'savari' had bumped into a bike...
What a commotion and temper hike...
Signal he had ignored and here we were...
Part of an accident that was not mere.
Gathering myself i sat on the seat...
Heavy downpour brushed something off my feet
I look and i see my presentation
Lying in mud and drenched to the weave.
I thought it can't get worse...
And looked like someone had heard my cry...
Rain got mightier, my patience it did try!
My back had taken a beating...
My head bore a bump ...
We still had miles to go...
And my throat bore a lump!
I walked into the gate...
Looking at my drenched fate...
the limp was there...
But the confidence still did stare!

The curtains will now fall to rise again...
To tell you the next experience- the story twine

I walk into the office waiting to meet a crowd...
Politely refusing coffee and settling for water around.
Always wondered how the cubicles miss the chatter,
The air conditioner is the loudest...
Just some faint laughter...
The world converging in this virtual domain...
Networks built with no flesh and pain.
I just had the coordinating person for company.
He candidly told me "it is a con call presentation"
And i said,"oh! how?"
He said"cost cutting, no traveling, con call meetings!"
My ignorance at bay, i recalled the OB paper i wrote
On Virtual networks and how the world it had mold...
All those diagrams on paper had made perfect sense
But theory to practical, i was looking through a new lens.
I sat on a chair and presented my presentation
to four walls, a while board, a single company, and rest of the furniture around.
Sipped some coffee in between and smiled to self.
Opinions were expressed, questions were raised...
I answered them with no haste.
Time ticked on...
I looked at my watch with no worry that i breached etiquette.
And then it was all over...
The voices died down...
silence prevailed...
I wondered how my voice did sound...
Take pride in thinking it is micro phonic...
But in situations like this, i also get phobic.
I walked out of the glass room
and into the open air...
smelled the fresh grass and saw human existence near...
I was assured this was just where i did belong!
Amidst human contact...far away from that virtual world
Adios to those four wall...
Not sure if i want to step in there...
But may be i will...

Or i do have a choice to choose the not so mundane...
Fresh footsteps...
Small pebbles
Textures change.

The curtain will fall on the happenings
Memories will become insignificant
Learnings will remain untouched.
Will still need a virtual world to express the real happenings!

Wanted to narrate, but prose found no ink
Poetry was the call, but saga it was in a wink!

3 comments:

maneesh said...

Hmmmm... I still find the idea of your specs falling off a little funny... Like in a cartoon!!!

Admittedly it can't have been funny for you but I always notice such stuff. Like for example, when my mom crashed the car once, in the whole epsiode I found one thing absolutely hilarious, and still do so many years later - when she hit the other car, our wipers jumped across the windscreen because of the impact!!!

Bwahahaha!!!

Rupesh Nasre. said...

The thought towards the end is interesting; and knowing the small bit of you, it appears that you would prefer to be surrounded by people and emotions rather than the virtual world and professionalism. But then there is no virtual world and no professionalism without people.

Hope nothing serious happened to the biker or the auto-driver.

Avi said...

Loved the second part about the telecon. It is in such situations where we depend only on our voice to convey enthusiasm and earnestness, that we realise the value of faces and expressions :D

Rima, you are deeply loved

                                                  Rima at Infinitea, Bengaluru Dearest Rima, I wish I wasn’t writing this letter to you. B...