Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Bengaluru rocks!

Dialed 080-22660000 this morning at 8.08am!

My first ever call to the BBMP helpline to report a dead dog on my road, requesting them to take action.
Have to admit it was a pleasant surprise to see an operator attend the call within seconds and be very patient with our query and register the grievance. They have given me my GR no.-79873 and assured me of action immediately.
The funny part though was that they ask us to dial a specific no. for a specific language. I dialed 2 for English and the operator spoke in Kannada.I honestly didn't mind as she was patient with my broken Kannada and handled the call well. I received a thank you message too:)

For all the times we crib about our city and throw brickbats, this effort of the BBMP is a small yet heartening step!

Bengaluru rocks!

3 comments:

D said...

Learn kannada....NOW! ;-)

Unknown said...

That is encouraging to know ; at least there is some hope for the city.

Madhusudan said...

awesome work madhurima...

Rima, you are deeply loved

                                                  Rima at Infinitea, Bengaluru Dearest Rima, I wish I wasn’t writing this letter to you. B...