Thursday, March 30, 2017

We should...we just should

Name of the Book: We should all be Feminists
Author: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Genre: Non-Fiction, TED Talk



Gender is an unspoken subject, brushed under the carpet,  silenced with stern looks,  buried with intimidating comments. It is an interplay of power,  of rights,  of communication,  of freedom,  of an expression of self. 
The 4th book I read this year is a Ted talk by a prominent figure.  A person who speaks her mind and states her thoughts with such clarity that with every page you turn,  she inspires you to be a bit more like her. I related with every instance she shared,  some almost seem like a deja vu. It hits home so close and you are left thinking. I felt pain and hope at the same time. I felt anger and determination at the same time. 
A book I would like Ira and every girl I know to read. The truth is some things have not changed and change will happen in pockets in every generation. We need to be a part of that pocket, the part that endures and is brave to pass on the figment of thought to the next generation. 
Looking forward to read more books by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.

#Booksin2017 #Book4Review #Gender #uncomfortablereality #unspokensubject

No comments:

Rima, you are deeply loved

                                                  Rima at Infinitea, Bengaluru Dearest Rima, I wish I wasn’t writing this letter to you. B...