Tuesday, October 6, 2020

 


I will not be chained
I will not be broken
I will not be throttled
I will not be silenced
I will not be burnt
I will not be a spectacle

I don't want to be your fearless daughter
I don't want to be the victim
I don't want to be the fighter
I don't want to be the brave-survivor
I don't want to be the cover story
I don't want to be the nightmare

I am not an object to be devalued
I am not a subject to be delineated
I am not that analysis you tweak to your glory
I am not that yarn you shred with your story
I am not that struggle you undermine with your history
I am not that 'human' you dehumanise

The No you need to hear
The No you need to understand
The No you need to accept


#ExistentialThoughts #Poetry 



1 comment:

Piscean Angel said...

I have tears in my eyes as I read this. I wish more people are able to exercise their power to say "NO"

Rima, you are deeply loved

                                                  Rima at Infinitea, Bengaluru Dearest Rima, I wish I wasn’t writing this letter to you. B...