Thursday, April 18, 2019

Creating 'Voting Day' Memories, the Ira way




"Mamma, what is voting?"

Voting is when you choose a leader who will take care of you and your country.

She did inky pinky ponky and solemnly declared,

"Then You and Papa are my leader"

Today was voting in Ooru. The excitement of standing in that queue, casting your vote, getting inked is always accompanied by a very strong emotion.

Ira accompanied me to the polling booth today and while I casted my vote, she sat and drew and coloured. She chatted with Ms. Pushpalatha and also coloured the Rangoli police aunty drew. The parent in me beamed with pride and Joy was like, "This is universal mother emotion".

Everyyear Baba ensures he has collected our voting slips and as I stood in line, he was there with me. Post voting,a selfie with Baba and Joy happened!




And once we were home, Ira also wanted the vote ink and drew it herself using a sketchpen! As we wait with hope for the results to come, we also hope that our little human beings who today seem so excited with that sketch pen ink keep that enthusiasm as adults and be responsible citizens and cast their votes in the future.

To creating 'Voting Day' memories, the Ira way.



#IVoted #GeneralElections2019 #Ira #Iraisms #TalesAtFour #IraAtFour #VotingConversations #Leader #LittleHumanBeings #Memories



No comments:

Rima, you are deeply loved

                                                  Rima at Infinitea, Bengaluru Dearest Rima, I wish I wasn’t writing this letter to you. B...