Friday, January 30, 2009

....said She

"It is a choice you make.", said She.
A simple word that engulfed my thoughts...
Had i chosen this dream?
Had i chosen this life?
Had i chosen this stream?
Had i chosen this strife?
Had i chosen in this manner to be alive?

"You need to find the balance.", said She.
A simple thought that made me cringe...
Had i balanced my dreams with reality?
Had i balanced my ambitions with sensibility?
Had i balanced my time with close ones?
Had i balanced my rights with duty?
Had i balanced my life with humility?

"You have enough on your plate.", said She.
A simple line that left me wondering...
Had i enough of what i foresee?
Had i enough of what i want to achieve?
Had i enough of what i can do?
Had i enough of what i want to change?
Had i enough of what i want to be?

I told her...
I will do it some day...
Make the choice...
Find the balance...
Keep the plate not so full...
I will do it some day...

I told myself...
I am happy this way...
I have made this choice...
I in chaos find the balance...
I do crib amidst the chance...
I am happy this way...

Beyond what was told...were these unsaid truths...
It is not everyday that you stop in the race to think,
It is not everyday that a friend tells you "wake up"!
It is not everyday that the reflection lies to you...
It is not everyday when you stop being a megalomaniac and say, "...said She"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoa!!! having interacted with you for a while I was thinking you had it all figured out. ;) Well written. All that angst expressed in a balanced way.

Happened to read somewhere that given all the volatility in our lives only the ones who keep changing survive. When we cling on to things, ideas , people or even who we are or who we think we are. We are at risk of running up against an insurmountable obstacle. Pretty un-followable advice, but appears painfully true for me at least.

Like Gloria Gaynor croons "... I've got a lot of life to live, I've got a lot of love to give, I will survive ..."

Keep the fight going


-Mutual Admiration Club (MAC)

Rima, you are deeply loved

                                                  Rima at Infinitea, Bengaluru Dearest Rima, I wish I wasn’t writing this letter to you. B...