Sunday, November 14, 2021

Healium, a story by Ira


                            Ira with her art

Ira has been learning about plants in her Science class and her teacher encouraged the children to write a story imagining that they are a tree. She gave the little one prompts every week and they had to build on the story. Along with writing this story, there were nature walks, observations and experiential learnings galore. 

This Children’s Day, am sharing Ira’s tree story. 

******** 

I am a Tree

I am a healing tree, I have wide branches and a medium trunk. The colour of my leaves are white. White I feel is the colour of Life. My leaves have and give the healing power. If you are hurt, pluck a leaf and squeeze the water. I live on a short hill, surrounded by grass. I have birds that sit and make their nest. I also have rainbow coloured fruits.

My name is Healium.

My bark is a medium share of brown and it has wavy patterns. It feels hard and nice. Animals, birds and humans eat my fruits. My seeds are heart shaped. They are covered by my fruits, which are floret shaped. They taste sweet. 

I was a heart shaped seed. Someone planted me but I did not see. I was also happy when the birds made my fruits their feast.

Monkeys share my fruits with the whole animal kingdom. 

(Message to Humans) Take care of yourself.

Illustrated by Ira





#Ira #Iraisms #IraAtSeven #StoriesAtSeven #ExperientialLearning #ScienceStories #Observation #NatureWalks #ArtByIra #StoriesByIra #Parenting

1 comment:

Neelima Watve said...

Beautiful Ira. Keep it up!

Rima, you are deeply loved

                                                  Rima at Infinitea, Bengaluru Dearest Rima, I wish I wasn’t writing this letter to you. B...