Monday, September 24, 2018

Everyday is Ira's day! Every conversation, the Ira way





We all own a part of everyday that we live. Being parents to Ira, we realise this in many small ways every day.
There has been a tremendous increase in her imaginative play and it transcends home boundaries. We have her imaginary friends going shopping with us, going to park, restaurants everything.
Her world through her eyes seems so vibrant and we are often breathless catching up with her speed of thought and action. We ofcourse also have those moments when she is sitting with her mug of milk and day dreaming and smiling! This July, she turned 50 (months). We commemorated the moment with some books, weekend of play dates and her favorite food!
In a few weeks, she completes half a year of Mont 3. Does time fly or what?
A few things she says these days that we want to remember forever.

This is serious conversation. Don't laugh (When she is convincing us about something).

Mamma, will you relax please ( When I keep asking her to wind up her activities).

Papa, I am exhausted(When he asks her to skate or bike).

Woody told me to do this. I didn't do it (anything naughty she does, Woody or buzz light year are her partner's in crime)

Yes, I remember, in my brain (whenever we ask is she remembers something)

Bad word! ( a live censor at home, even guests are careful)

This is delicious (current description for her meals. We have moved on from yummy to delicious)

I have to keep it below my pillow. I will dream about them (keeps a book EVERY single day below the pillow, prophesying they will come in her dreams)

Say ok! (Like some solemn promise she asks for to an agreement we make)

A recent conversation when we were playing downstairs. "I will give you this flower. You have to run 10 times around me" ...well, I did run 10 times around her and was the proud recipient of that yellow flower and that sunshine smile.

Like I said, Everyday is Ira's Day!

Btw World! yesterday was Daughter's Day :)

Ira's mamma participated in a walkathon to raise awareness about abuse and support girls who are victims of abuse (deserves an individual post).

#Ira #Iraisms #TalesAtFour #IraAtFour #Parenting #Conversations #DaughtersDay

No comments:

Rima, you are deeply loved

                                                  Rima at Infinitea, Bengaluru Dearest Rima, I wish I wasn’t writing this letter to you. B...